Saturday, October 2, 2021

October the Second


 It's already the second of October and I am posting again. I just found out that this is really an official thing with a hashtag.   #blogtober2021 .I am not even sure how to do hashtags! I guess bloggers have been participating in this for a few years. I always wonder why no one reads my blog, but I'm pretty sure it is because I hardly ever write. When I first began, I planned to have a "lifestyle" blog, with lots of creative decorating and crafting projects, and hints and tips for family life. Who knows, maybe even recipes. Well, as we know, life happens when we make other plans and my personal favorite -- " All Gods laugh at schedules." (I think I made that one up)



It barely feels like fall. The leaves are just starting to turn here, and the trees aren't bare. I haven't put many decorations up yet.
.I think I may be turning into more of a minimalist lately. Everything feels crowded to me. After combining two households, we have too much of everything. I think I have just been moving things around. There is one thing we do need. More bookshelves. As much as I try, I hate to get rid of books. They are my comfort.

Life has been even more hectic than usual lately. John had rotator cuff surgery on Tuesday and it's been kind of rough, including a late night emergency room visit. He's doing better now, and is really the best patient. I had a bit of an idea about what it would be like. (Before the surgery I talked to a couple of wives who'd been through it. I think the word murder came up more than once!) It's quite a long recovery period, and he won't be able to use his right arm for several weeks. Right now he isn't even sure he should have gone through with it, but the results should be worthwhile eventually.

And just like that, two days of October blogging are completed.



1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you are bogging through the month of October. Your posts are always enjoyable reading!

    ReplyDelete