Sunday, October 24, 2021

October the Twenty Fourth: Reading and Writing #Blogtober2021

 Tonight I am taking a little break from Halloween. This blog post may be all over the place since it doesn't have a theme, but I am hoping something comes from my disconnected thoughts. Writing isn't always easy. Sometimes the words just flow, and that's when I feel compelled to write. For all the times I've written on my blog, I have almost always waited until I had something I wanted to say. And that is why I haven't written very often. (Also the photos. I never have photos available!!!) Usually I write about once a month, although at times I have gone much longer than that. By entering this challenge to write every day in October, I have learned that I can post something without waiting for my Muse to gently kick me in the backside. I have really enjoyed it, and I like to see what I come up with. I've said before that I feel like I am writing to myself, because it's really hard to know how many people actually see this. I have been pleasantly surprised at some of the "Likes" I've received. And I've wondered why it doesn't seem to reach many people. 

I've spent an excessive amount of time this month on the internet. I am researching, which I have always loved to do, but it does lead me down the rabbit hole. I am also trying to educate myelf about Facebook, and Blogger, and Instagram. I find it very complicated most of the time, but I am learning some new things. Just trying to put my words together takes a lot longer than the five minutes people give me by reading them.And I really appreciate that you do take that five minutes. I probably won't keep writing every day after the month ends, but I am wanting to make myself do this at least once or twice a week. A good friend told me recently that she doesn't read my blog as much now because I write too often, and that she doesn't have the time. So, I guess less must be better.

 I am working on a book of essays. I don't have really grand plans for it, but I want to have something for my friends and family. I think I must write because I like to see my words. I guess that's as good a reason as any other.

                                                                            


1 comment:

  1. Sandi, don't stop writing because one person isn't reading every one. You never know whose heart you reach on any one day. You have a gift. Write for yourself and the reward will come back to you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete