Wednesday, October 27, 2021

October the Twenty Seventh: My Gypsy Life #Blogtober2021

 Today I gave a program for a PT0 group. I used to do this fairly often, but it's been a while. I was a little nervous, but I think it went well. The subject was Fortune Telling and my collection of Gypsy memorabilia. I have been collecting items since my early teens. I have lots of books,and smaller amounts of postcards, fortune telling cards, tin boxes, hand made clothes pegs, pictures, and caravans. Since it is nearly Halloween, it was fun to dress the part. Unfortunately, the components of my Bohemian wardrobe, was in various boxes in many various places. So I had to improvise. Luckily, this time I will put it all in one large labeled tote!


We talked about apples and shoes, true love, and Tarot. 


Here's a piece from my collection. The cauldron lifts and has a calendar from 1929.

This was one of my first postcards

Going back in time. Here I was at Living History Farms, reading dominos quite a few years ago. If you pick three, I can tell your past, present, and future. 



More from my collection. I am fascinated by caravans. I'm not sure why. I don't like camping, and I'm not really much of an outdoor girl.


This is my friend Janet. This picture was the first time we "performed" at the Farms. It was a long time ago. Obviously!

And what a long time ago! I think it was sometime in the 1970's.  Almost every Halloween party I went to, I dressed like this.

DEFINITION OF A GYPSY SOUL

A person in need of a change or adventure who seeks the next best thing in any situation. A gypsy soul is passionate and inspired by different ideas, attitudes and experiences. May we all be gypsy souls.

2 comments: