Monday, October 11, 2021

Sweet Yet Sinister: October the Eleventh #Blogtober2021

              

       Halloween decorating gets more elaborate every year and starts earlier, doesn't it? I'm afraid I haven't done as much as I thought I would. This definitely isn't the year for my A-game. I'm sure I must still have things in boxes somewhere in storage. "Sweet, Yet Sinister" is the title on an altered book I made years ago. I guess that could also include my Halloween decorating style. I don't like things that are gruesome, but I don't want it to be too cutesy either. I am partial to witches and pumpkins. I don't really like bats, and skeletons, ghosts, and snakes.  And I think pumpkin heads on figures are creepy.    This year I guess I am mostly into vintage vignettes. I have groups of  holiday things setting about, but not all through the house.                                                          

My centerpieces often include a mirror or tray glued to a candle holder for height. This was last year, but includes acorns, vintage photos, candles, and a darling old book about children's parties. Leaves and little pumpkin lights completed this picture. I might do this again!

Here's the library with a Halloween bunting. My seasonal children's books are on display too. Whoops, no picture. Good thing I've got all month to revisit the scene.

A very small tree. It lights up.  And of course , we need a little cemetery scene. One says "Gone at Last"  And another says "I'll be back".  Quirky, and just a little bit sinister.




 An update on John. It's been two weeks since the surgery, and he is feeling a little better every day. At this point, he still wishes he had just lived with the rotary cuff pain instead. Probably four more weeks with the sling and then physical therapy. Tomorrow is our second anniversary, and I think I'll keep him.

No comments:

Post a Comment