Friday, September 11, 2020

So Much Stuff


 I have opened a booth at a local antiques mall. It is just a small space and really can't hold too much. I am paring down little by little and finally hoping to get rid of my storage unit. That sounds great, but what we are really doing is transferring things from mine to his. His was practically empty. Mine had lots of treasures that have been hidden in totes and boxes for five years. Theoretically, if I have not seen something for such a long time, it should be easy to get rid of, shouldn't it?  But that's not how it works for me. I think of every box I open as Christmas coming early. And then I try to put a price tag on it. My sales have been pretty good, but I don't think this is my true calling. Over the years I have been known to buy back items that I had previously let go. I will persevere, because we are in our golden years, and don't really need so much. HaHa. 

                                   

I moved into a house that was filled to the brim with more treasures and memories that aren't my own. It has attics and storage areas all full from many years of happy living and collecting. It isn't always easy, but little by little, I am trying to make it ours. We talk about moving, and have looked at a few houses, but really like this one. I would like to find a house we both love, but so far when we do see a possibility, it sells while we are still thinking about it. We have such a lot to do before we would move, so it may happen, and may not. And in the meantime, we will just keep downsizing.

1 comment:

  1. HI Sandi,
    Your"Second Story" cottage space looks so inviting! Take your time downsizing ..I have to say..that's not and easy task. Starting with stocking some your items in an antique booth was a wise idea..little by little you will get-ter-done!
    In the meantime have fun creating in your cottage!
    Hug's, Carolyn Hosier

    ReplyDelete