Saturday, October 16, 2021

October the 16th: Halfway There #Blogtober2021

 
I have passed the Halfway mark. And today I am feeling very discouraged about this whole blogging thing. I have actually had a blog since 2005, and my reader base feels like it's gotten smaller. Truthfully I haven't been very consistent or very prolific about it, but somehow it seems like it should be going somewhere after all these years. I am enjoying this challenge because I love October, and it does give me a lot of subjects to write about. I am not very competitive though in many areas, but I wonder why I don't reach more people. Most of my readers find my blog through Facebook.  At this point, I just feel like there is a magic instruction book that I should have read, that tells me the secrets of blogging, and facebook, and instagram. I am interested in anything that works except making a TicToc video. No singing. No dancing. No eating anything gross.

I'm curious to know what most readers like when they use Facebook or read blogs. Is it keeping in touch with family and friends? Do people enjoy seeing pictures of friends the most? Or is it keeping track of your own schedules and documenting the activities you are involved with? Do you belong to lots of groups? I like the decorating and craft groups and that people have so many ideas of things to do. Do you like to read blogs or are they outdated?  I enjoy hearing about old friends that I probably would never see if we didn't have social media. I stay away from almost everything political and sometimes snooze people for a while. Sometimes it all gets to be too much information.

I would really like to know what readers think. If you could take a moment to comment it would be so appreciated. Happy Halfway to Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment