Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Is It Wednesday?

I was just sitting here thinking at my computer when John said, "Hey, where's your blog?" I can honestly say that I completely forgot that it was Wednesday. I'm not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound good to me. I've had a lot going on lately. Two family funerals, a trip to North Carolina, a little bit of illness (all recovered now) and just generally trying to keep up with the world. My youngest sister lost her fiance after a long battle with cancer. And my cousin drowned accidently while out boating on the river. Both were 63 and should have had many years ahead of them. As usual, I still think that Life likes to trick us.

My sister Stephaney was here for a few days and had a booksigning for her just published book. It's very exciting to actually see it in print. It's called "Atlanticville-An Island Memoir" by Stephaney Oberon and is available on Amazon. It's a book of essays about her time living on Sullivan's Island in South Carolina. The cover is a replica of an old matchbook cover. My daughter Meg made pretzel cigarettes for the occasion because of the cover. The pretzels are dipped in white chocolate with red edible glitter on the ends. They were really very cute. She made them for another party once and someone thought the vintage ashtray was actually for stubbing out real cigarettes, so that is a consideration.

I don't get to see my three sisters very often, so it was great to visit with them twice in two weeks. I talked to Stephaney a few months ago and she told me she was writing a book. I have been writing a book for about twenty years and not getting very far. I've done quite a bit of writing but putting it all together cohesively has been the problem. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, then you know I have a tendency to jump all over the place. She really gave me a boost and has been willing to help me ever since. I have become much more dedicated to actually getting mine finished, although putting it all together is more intensive than I thought it would be. I am really enjoying it now and can finally see it coming together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment